Wednesday, June 9, 2010

This is Really Going to Happen, I think?

Sorry it has been so long since I have written, but it has been crazy. I traveled all of last week. But I did get to have some fun time.

I had a mediation in North Carolina on June 2 & 3, so I met one of my friends for Memorial Day weekend in Myrtle Beach, SC. She lives in Houston and me in Tampa, so it was great to see each other. On Memorial day, I scheduled prenatal massage for me and a regular massage for her at a spa. But when I got there they told me they would not do a prenatal massage because I was less than 12 weeks. WTF! I was really looking forward to it. And you think they would have asked me how far along I was when I made the appointment. But rather than give up, I decided to get an hour long facial, which was great. And my skin looks glowing this week.

Then I rushed back to Florida on the 3rd, only to have to leave for a conference on the 4th. Luckily it was in Florida, just a few hours away. But the conference was full of drinking, fishing and socializing- not any of which are fun for a queasy pregnant lady. Obviously no drinking here- except lots of water. I did try to go tarpon fishing at 3:00 am on Saturday morning with some colleagues, but that didn't work so well.

I do not generally get sea sick. I am a certified scuba diver and love the ocean. Yet, the waves and boat along with my pregnancy queasiness didn't mix. After 2 hours I was puking over the side of the boat. Luckily, on my boat, were 2 women and a guy who really didn't seem into the fishing thing either, so we headed back to shore where I continued my feeling of yuck all day.

Yesterday, I went for my second ultrasound and regular checkup. I was so nervous. I am glad ultrasound was first since my heartrate was up and my blood pressure was up to 130/75- which is high for me. But there we saw it- the heartbeat again. It amazes me everytime. It was 173 which is good and strong for 9 weeks. Everything looked good and fetus is measuring right on size for the time. And speaking with my doctor again really helped. The first time, I was so worried about a miscarriage or something being wrong that I didn't think of all the right questions. Yesterday, I had my list and so for the first time, I feel calm and relaxed about this whole pregnancy thing. Maybe this will really happen this time~!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Try to stay calm...I know its hard...but just think...freaking out will not control or help anything. At least thats what I tell myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay calm. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you! Sure does look great this time. I
    miss your posts on WW. Are you going to find out the sex or be suprised? Take care of yourself .

    ReplyDelete