Saturday, May 15, 2010

How Tired Can I Get

For anyone who knows me, knows I have a hard time sitting still- ever. Granted with a two year old, I have learned to relax a bit and I am a little better about not having to be busy all the time. But with pregnancy, tiredness kicks my butt. In fact, that is how I knew I was pregnant this time before I even took the test- I took a 2 hour nap on a Sunday. That is like pigs flying in my world. I usually hate napping but not during pregnancy.

When I was pregnant with my daughter, it was not too bad because I wasn't chasing any little ones. Add in a toddler and I am exhausted. She makes me tired when I am not pregnant, never mind when I am feeling this way. Then add in all the worry about this pregnancy and good luck to me getting a good night to sleep.

Last night, my DH and DD went with me to see The Princess and the Frog at the Park. It was so much fun and a great family thing to do, but the movie did not start until dusk. So by the time it ended and we packed back up the car and drove home, it was 11:00. WAY WAY past my bed time now. My DH is working this Saturday morning, so I was hoping my DD would sleep until at least 8:30 since she went to bed 3 1/2 hours after her normal bed time, but that did not happen. As soon as my DH walked out the door, she started crying from her bedroom at 7 am. So much for sleeping in late.

Not sure how I am going to deal with this- since I can only drink decaf coffee. I have been taking Vitamin D at suggestion of my doctor to help with this sluggishness, but I might just have to start taking noon siestas everyday.

2 comments:

  1. Why don't you rest in the afternoon when Olivia is resting? This would be good for you. I know how tuff it is with a little one and be pregnant with another one. With the first one you can rest when you want but the second time around-whole new story. I know you but you really should be OK with alittle rest in the afteroon-this does not mean you are lazy-allow yourself to rest. It will help not hinder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanted to check on you-have not heard anything in a few days. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete